11.26.2010

One more month!

One month from today I'll be flying to SYDNEY!  What an exciting adventure.  I'll be going with two awesome Augie professors and intelligent students to study Australia's economy, including the coal mining, wine, higher education and tourism industries.  I'm sure we'll find time to spend in the sun as well. :)  I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the students that I have taken lots of business and accounting classes with.  Stay tuned for daily blog updates and pictures!  There will be academic blogs that are part of our homework, but hopefully I'll have more personal updates as well.

As of right now, this is what I'm most looking forward to - New Year's Eve in Sydney!

2 comments:

  1. have a wonderfl time Leah-- what an amazing opportunity!! I have a friend who lives in Australia and she is always posting on facebook all the wonderful HUGE critters that are around. Big caterpillers, HUGE spiders, you know..all the bugs but magnified 20x!! Regardless of that...it's absolutely beautiful (at least where she is at) and loves it there. You'll have a fantastic time. Keep us updated and have fun. I will pray daily for you. How long will you be gone for?

    Love ya,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fireworks on New Year's Eve are spectacular!!! If you want a spot you'll have to set up camp! Last year my aunt, uncle, and I watched from circular quay. As the day went on more people were showing up and I would say by 5pm the streets were full of people. Gall dang it, I am jealous of you Leah, bring me with please!!!

    ReplyDelete